Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bonding with Your Runes

***New Content Added Daily***



The next consideration is bonding with your runes, aligning them with your own energy. If you crafted your runes, you've already begun the process of bonding with them. Whether you bought or crafted your runes, here is a process I've found useful for aiding in bonding with them.


First, you need to cleanse the rune markers, be they wood, stone, metal or some other material. You may use your own method or use some of the suggestions below. As with any magick, intention is the key, so be sure to hold the intention to cleanse the rune markers, no matter what method you choose.


*If they are of a suitable material, run the markers under cool water. If possible, try to do so in a gentle river current.


*If the markers are of a suitable material, soak them overnight in a bowl of salt-water, then rinse them with cool water.


*Bury the markers in a bowl of sea salt overnight.


*Use an appropriate cleansing incense and pass the rune markers through the smoke. Sage always works well.



The second step is to charge your rune markers, bonding them to your own energy. If you already have a method of charging your magickal tools, feel free to use that. If not, here is the method I choose to use. If you chose to 'blood' the runes, you've already got a head-start on the bonding process, but that isn't necessary at all.


*Hold each rune marker, one by one, cupped between your hands. Hold the intention of charging the rune marker with your own energy, bonding with it. Sit with each rune, one by one, until you feel the bonding process with each marker is complete. When I do this, I also invite a bonding with each collective. As you hold your rune markers and bond with them, you may also wish to hold the intention to bond with the essence of the collective. For example:


While holding the marker in my cupped hands, I hold the intention to suffuse it with my energetic signature and I use the following to bond with the runic essence.  I call upon the fehui, I call to the essence of Fehu. Walk with me, Great Ones. Teach me, and let our partnership be a beneficial one to each.


After doing this, I would leave the rune markers on my altar, with a candle offering lit for the collectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment